Banana Milkshake or Banana Smoothie is very easy to make within a few minutes. It is a delicious healthy power-packed recipe. One can consume this drink at any time of the year.
Banana is an edible fruit that is easily available in the market at all times. Especially during summer, Banana Smoothie is the perfect soothing drink.
Kids especially love this yummy Banana Milkshake.
Gym goers also can have this quick smoothie before/after workout sessions to keep themselves filling. It also aids in our digestion process due to the presence of fiber in it.
Health Benefits of Banana Milkshake:
We all are aware of the nutritional values of Bananas. One serving of banana contains 110 calories, 30 grams of carbohydrate and, 1 gram of protein.
Bananas are naturally free of fat, cholesterol, and sodium. It provides a variety of vitamins, minerals, and Iron.
This recipe doesn’t require much time to prepare. Also, it is very healthy since it includes calcium-enriched milk.
One can prepare Banana Milkshake in many ways. Even in different flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and many more.
The recipe given here is a very basic one that requires a minimal number of ingredients.
Some tips to prepare Banana Milkshake:
- Use ripe bananas for this recipe. Don’t use overripe fruits. Otherwise, the taste would be compromised.
- You can use honey as a sweetener in place of sugar. This can be a healthier version.
- Bananas have a natural sweetness. So if you prefer enjoying it as natural, skip adding any sort of artificial sweeteners.
- To enjoy this cooling milkshake in summer, simply refrigerate this after blending for half an hour.
- Also, you can add ice cream/chocolate to enhance the taste of this milkshake recipe.
- Even dry fruits such as cashews/almonds/raisins also can be included in this recipe if you prefer it as a healthy drink.
Now, let’s get started with the recipe.
Few more health drinks that you may like:
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar You can use jaggery/Honey instead of sugar.
- 2-3 cups Milk
- 3-4 Dates
- Peel off the Bananas properly. Cut it into small slices.
- Remove the seeds from dates and chop them into small pieces.
- Place the banana slices, milk and dates into a blended jar. Add sugar. Blend all these on high speed until all the ingredients are combined very well.
- Banana Milkshake or Banana Smoothie is ready to serve. Garnish with some dry fruits such as raisins/pistachios if you like.