Quarantined? Let’s whip up some Dalgona Coffee! 🙂
Dalgona Coffee is the latest trend going on nowadays on the internet. Amidst the Coronavirus pandemic when everyone in the world is so much worried and tensed about our well being, this coffee seems to have made our day a bit better.
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Now, most of us don’t know what ‘Dalgona‘ means. Where does it come from and how to prepare it. In this blog, we are going to see all these.
‘Dalgona’ is basically a Korean name that is derived from ‘DAL’ which means sweet in Korean. Since this coffee looks very much similar to Korean honeycomb toffee Dalgona, hence it gets the name.
Dalgona Coffee consists of a rich creamy and frothy layer of whipped coffee at the top, with cold or hot milk at the bottom. Although some prefer to have this coffee as cold, the hot version tastes equally good.
It starts with Korea and has now become trending all over the world. I have seen many people posting about this thing on Facebook and Instagram. Almost everywhere in the world, the lockdown phase is going on. People don’t have much to do, many of the offices, schools, colleges are closed. Although some of us are working from home too. I feel like our summer vacation days when we used to spend time with our families.
So I think why not try the Dalgona Coffee. And believe me, it turned out awesome in my first attempt itself.
The recipe for this coffee is very simple and will not take more than 30 minutes to prepare. Even we can prepare it with minimal ingredients which are easily available in our houses all the time.
You just need some coffee, sugar, milk and, water. That’s it.
Let’s get started with the recipe.
Dalgona Coffee - How to make Dalgona Coffee
- 4 tablespoon Coffee powder You can take any coffee powder of your choice. I have taken here Nescafe.
- 5-6 tablespoon Sugar I have used sugar crystals. You can use powdered sugar also. In that case, increase the amount of sugar by 2 tablespoons.
- 3 tablespoon Hot Water
- 2 cups Milk (Hot or Cold)
How to make Dalgona Coffee - Step by Step recipe
- Take some coffee and sugar in a bowl.
- Add required amount of hot water in the bowl.
- Start beating the coffee powder along with the other ingredients continuously. Whip until it turns out frothy and forms a thick foam.
- Now boil the milk in a container. Pour it in the cups or glasses in which you prefer to serve.
- If you want to have it as cold coffee, then use chilled milk with 1-2 small ice cubes per glass.
- After that take some whipped coffee and pour it in the glass.
- Garnish it with some choco chips. Your Dalgona Coffee is ready to serve.
- Please use adequate amount of sugar to make the coffee mixture rich and creamy. If you are cutting down on sugar quantity the coffee will not taste much good and it will lower down the quality.
- Beat the coffee mixture very well and stir it continuously (taking small breaks in between). You can stir it with simple spoon or hand blender and even electric blender.
- Do not add much water, otherwise the mixture will be watery and foam will not be thick.