Egg Toast is a popular breakfast food all over the world. In India, it is one of the most common and pocket-friendly street food items too.
The recipe includes two main ingredients: Bread and Egg. That’s it, guys. It is very easy and can be prepared in no time.
We often make it during breakfast at our home. But I would like it at any time of the day. It is a super tasty and super healthy recipe.
Egg Toast has been a fond recipe for people of all age groups. Almost all children love this.
This recipe is a boon to all the homemakers during those busy cooking hours. In the morning, when all the other household chores are going on, such as cooking food for lunchboxes, making your children ready for school, and many more.
During those busy hours, preparing breakfast is an added headache for all the homemakers. Even for hostelers or bachelors also, it is a very hectic time. Egg Toast will be the best and safest option for breakfast for all those busy people.
It requires such ingredients which are present in everybody’s home all the time.
Egg is one of the foods that should be classified as ‘Superfood‘. Loaded with nutrients such as, Vit A, Vit B12, Vit D, Vit E, Calcium, Zinc, egg is really an important food for health. Doctors recommend to eat eggs every day.
Egg Toast can be a good choice for those people who are strict diet-followers.
Some quick tips:
- Make sure to use fresh slices of bread for this recipe to enjoy the freshness of the toast.
- You can use any kind of bread for making egg toast. I have used Brown bread here. However, if you do not like the taste of Brown bread or it is unavailable at the moment, you can always make it with white bread.
- You can include grated veggies such as carrots for this recipe. But I have kept the recipe simple. I have used only chopped onions and green chilies.
Egg Toast can be accompanied by a hot cup of tea or coffee. Even you can have it with some tomato ketchup as well. I personally like it with some black salt sprinkled over the toasts.
Some other Breakfast recipes that you may like:
So, let’s get started with the recipe.
Egg Toast Recipe
- 4 pieces Brown or White Bread (sliced)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 small Onion
- 1-2 Green Chilies
- Salt and Black Pepper as per taste
How to prepare Egg Toast - Step by Step Recipe
Making the egg solution ready:
- Take two whole eggs in a bowl.
- Add some chopped onions and green chilies along with a pinch of salt.
- Now whisk the solution together until all of the ingredients are mixed nicely. You can add a pinch of black pepper also (optional).
- There are two methods of making this super easy Egg Toast.
- Heat a frying pan. Add some oil in it.
- Now pour some of the egg solution into the pan.
- After 30 seconds, place the bread over the egg mixture in pan. Cook it for a minute on medium flame.
- You can apply some butter or ghee on the other side of the breads. Flip the bread pieces carefully. Let it cook for some more time. The whole process will take around 3-4 minutes. In this process, similarly cook the remaining breads.
- Take a bread. Apply the egg solution on both sides of the bread evenly with the help of a spoon. Or you can just dip the bread pieces into the egg solution.
- Now, place the bread into a heated pan. Fry it for a moment (2-3 minutes).
- Fry the breads on both sides evenly so that the egg gets cooked well.
- Egg Toast is ready. Serve it hot with any side dish of your choice. Enjoy!