Chini ka Paratha is a sweet Indian flatbread recipe. This is also known as ‘Meetha Paratha‘ or ‘Sugar Paratha’.
Well in India there are a lot of varieties of Parathas. Aloo ka Paratha, Methi ka Paratha, Gobi Paratha and, many more. We can just put anything as a stuffing inside and make a paratha out of it.
This Chini ka paratha is a sweeter variation of the paratha recipes. Many a time, we feel like eating something sweet or having some dessert. This paratha recipe is the savior for those typical days.
When I used to go to school, my mom made these sugar parathas that I loved to eat. I believe every child would love to eat Chini ka Paratha.
This paratha is a dessert in itself with a nice aroma of the crystallized sugar. Made out of just two ingredients, wheat flour and sugar, this is an amazing quick recipe you are going to learn today.
In my opinion, you do need any other side dishes to accompany the sweet paratha. Just roll the parathas and grab it.
However, if you feel to serve Chini ka Paratha with some side dish, you can do it. Some of the pairing dishes could be sweet Bundis, dry fruit Ladoos, coconut pudding with jaggery, kheer, or rice pudding. Or you can apply a tablespoon of honey over the parathas and eat the same.
If you have any other choices you can add it and let me know in the comments section below. I would love to hear from you. 🙂
Some Quick Tips to prepare Chini ka Paratha:
- If you are planning to make Chini ka Paratha, please try to use fine granules of sugar. Otherwise, the sugar crystals may come out of the dough while rolling it.
- However, if you do not have fine granulated sugar, do not worry. Grind the sugar crystals in a grinder and make a smooth powder of sugar.
- Whole wheat flour is generally used for the recipe. Alternatively, you can use all-purpose flour or Maida too for preparing the same.
- If you want a bit healthier version of the paratha yet you do not want to cut on taste, replace the sugar with Jaggery powder. This will be a similar version of sweet paratha.
Chini ka Paratha
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Flour or Atta
- Water as required to make the flour dough
- 2 cups Ghee or Oil
- 3-4 cups Powdered Sugar
How to make Chini ka Paratha - Step by Step Recipe
- First of all, take the wheat flour, a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. Pour some water and make a smooth soft dough out of it.
- Now take a small portion of the dough and make a round ball (just like the same when you make roti). Roll it slightly into a small circular shape.
- Pour about 1/2 tablespoon of sugar powder over it.
- Now try to close the mouth of the circular dough ball by joining the edges together so that no sugar comes out.
- Press the mouth gently to label the uneven surface of the dough ball. Sprinkle some wheat flour over it.
- Roll the ball into a nice round paratha. You can make it of any size and shape depending upon your choice.
- Meanwhile, heat the tawa or the pan. Place the paratha onto the pan.
- Let it cook on one side for about 1-2 minutes. Then flip on the other side.
- Apply half a tablespoon of Ghee or Oil on the paratha. Flip it and apply oil on the other side as well. Roast the parathas well on both the sides.
- Chini ka Paratha is ready to serve hot. Enjoy!