Veg Raita or Mixed Vegetable Raita is one of the most common recipes prepared in our household. Not only it’s an easy recipe, but also less time-consuming.
Raita can be of many variations such as Cucumber Raita, Lauki Raita, Onion Raita and so on. We love to have raita throughout the year. Although it tastes best in summer when I personally love the chilled raita after a meal.
Serving options for Veg Raita:
It can be served with several combinations of food. Generally, we prefer to have raita or Veg raita after a heavy meal like Biryani or Pulao. But according to me, you can have it with any normal food menu as well.
Like you can grab a bowl of raita filled with colorful veggies along with simple Dal-Chawal, Roti-Sabzi, Rajma-Chawal, etc. Many of us also like it with garma garam (hot and crispy) Aloo Parathas, Methi Parathas and so on.
Prepared with fresh Curd or Yogurt, which is the main ingredient for Veg Raita recipe or any raita recipe, it is a healthy filling food to all of us. Curd is full of nutrition and will definitely beneficial when included in our daily diet. It is full of calcium, vitamin D, protein and healthy gut bacteria.
Even diet conscious persons can also include a bowl of Veg Raita in their diet. It is both nutritious and helps in losing weight by keeping BMI levels in check due to the high amount of calcium in it.
Of the many variations of raita, here I have shared with you the recipe of Vegetable or Veg Raita. You can add any vegetables of your choice to this.
Let’s get started with the recipe below.
How to make Vegetable Raita - Step by Step Recipe
- 1 medium Carrot
- 1 medium Cucumber
- 1 large Tomato
- 2 cups Curd or Yogurt
- Black Salt or normal salt as per taste
- 1 tea spoon Sugar
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- Roasted Cumin powder or Chat Masala
- Take the required amount of curd or yogurt in a bowl. Whisk it if you want to make it more smooth otherwise not necessary.
- Now, peel off and chop all the veggies finely. I have used here grated vegetables which I personally prefer much. Grated veggies will mix easily with the curd or dahi. But if you want a little crunch in the raita, you can simply chop the veggies and add it.
- After chopping all the veggies, take it in a mixing bowl along with the Curd.
- Add a pinch of salt and sugar as per taste. Also, add the spices of your choice. I have used here dry roasted Jeera or Cumin powder which will give a nice aroma to it.
- Now mix all the ingredients nicely so that all the veggies are coated with curd and spices properly.
- Keep the raita in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
- If you are allergic to cold, avoid refrigeration of the raita. Serve it at normal room temperature.
- The Veg Raita is ready to be served along with your choice of meal. Enjoy ! 🙂