Looking for some easy homemade Pancake recipe? Here we will see how to make a good pancake at home.
What is Pancake?
Pancake is a flatbread that is made of a batter containing wheat flour, oil, eggs, sweetener, and some fruits & nuts.
It is one of the breakfast recipes that are popular all over the world. Even though the pancake recipe varies region-wise or country-wise.
Pancakes mainly come under English breakfast cuisine. But it is being prepared in different flavors and different tastes globally.
In most of the countries including India, Pancake is cooked and eaten as a sweet dish. Cooked from wheat flour, sugar, oil or butter, milk, different nuts, fruits, etc. Sweet pancakes are usually made from water and flour, served with honey and sugar. Raisins, almonds, chopped dry fruits such as cashew, pistachios, peanuts are commonly used as toppings over the pancake.
The homemade pancakes also include fresh fruits maybe some diced bananas, apple slices, berries such as blueberries, strawberries, and many more. Honey or Maple syrup is generally drizzled over the stack of pancakes. It not only enhances the taste of the pancakes but also gives a tempting look.
However, in some countries, pancakes are made from rice flour and veggies. These are eaten as salty pancakes. The spices would vary as per the places. While some use meat, veggies as a filling in the pancake, many of them prefer to use coconut, tomato sauce, cheese, etc.
So the shape and size of the pancakes also vary as per the regions.
Indian variation of homemade pancake recipe:
In India too, there are a lot many variations of the pancakes. We prepare it in our own ways. Like in South India, most of the dishes are prepared from rice flour and they can be easily considered as pancakes. Such as Dhosa, Idli, Uttapam. These are all homemade pancakes. Though of some other variation and texture.
The Bengalis and Assamese prepare a sweet thin rice pancake filled with grated coconut or thickened milk cream.
Pancakes can be prepared in less than 30 minutes with a limited number of ingredients. All you need is a mixing bowl and some flour, sweetener, fruits.
Mix all the ingredients and cook the pancakes on a frying pan. Enjoy the amazing dish with your choice of toppings.
The easy pancake recipe that I have shared here will not take much time or arrangements. You can easily prepare these fluffy pancakes during those busy mornings. It remains softer for a long time and hence can be packed in tiffin.
My recipe for pancakes includes eggs in it. Eggs have a tendency to make the pancakes more fluffy and soft. You just need to beat the batter for a while.
Many people love pancakes with different kinds of seasonal fruit toppings. This will increase the healthy nutrients of this dish. Some of the commonly used fruits are bananas, apple, pomegranates, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, dates, etc.
Well, I generally prefer the homemade egg pancakes simply with some honey drizzled over it. Even you sprinkle powdered sugar and have it. If you like Maple syrup, you can add that too.
- If you are a health freak, you can just replace the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour (Healthy Pancakes).
- Replace the sugar with jaggery powder or honey. Even you can add bananas also in your recipe to give it a natural sweetness. These pancakes are also known as Banana Pancakes.
- Even if you do not like eggs in your pancakes, omit the same. Eggless pancakes are also equally tasty and worth trying.
I have provided here an amazingly easy recipe for pancakes. Beginners can easily make pancakes using this recipe. So please do try the recipe and let me know how this turned out. 🙂
Homemade Pancake Recipe with Eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 cup Milk or as required
- 4-5 tbsp Honey or powdered sugar You can add any fruit of your choice for topping.
- 2 tbsp oil or butter
How to make homemade pancakes - Step by Step recipe
- Take the flour, egg, oil, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now pour some milk and start mixing the flour.
- Mix all the ingredients until it forms a nice and smooth batter.
- The batter should be of a perfect flowy consistency. Neither too thick nor too thin.
- Now heat a frying pan on medium-high flame. Take the required amount of batter and pour it on the pan. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- After that, flip the other side and cook for around 2-3 minutes.
- Cook both the sides of the pancake evenly. Similarly, fry the rest of the pancakes in this manner. Easy homemade pancakes are ready to serve. Drizzle some honey or syrup or any kind of jam over it. Enjoy!