Lassi is a classic drink made with yogurt, very popular in Indian subcontinent. Lassi is a traditional sweet drink in Punjab province in India. Not only in Punjab, Lassi is popular in almost every state of India consisting of unique recipes in each of the states.
Servings 2 people
- 500 grams Yogurt or Curd ('Dahi')
- 8-10 tablespoon Sugar
- 1-1.5 cups Chilled Water Instead of water, you can add 5-6 Ice cubes.
- 2 tablespoon sliced Dry Fruits such as Raisins, Cashew, Almond, Dry Dates, Pistachios, Cherries etc.
HOW TO MAKE LASSI RECIPE
Take yogurt in a large bowl and whisk it well with a hand blender or 'madani' till it becomes smooth.
Make sure no lumps remain in the yogurt.
Add sugar (as per taste) in the bowl and mix it again.
Add a little quantity of chilled water at this stage to balance out the consistency.
Mix all the ingredients very well until the mixture becomes smooth.
Pour the mixture in glasses of your choice. Garnish the Lassi with some dry fruits or nuts. Lassi is ready to be served.
- Use good quality thick creamy yogurt or curd to make the Lassi.
- You can use powdered sugar in this recipe. Powdered sugar will take less time and effort to mix well with the Lassi mixture.
- I have used hand blender here to mix all the ingredients. You can prepare the same in Mixture Grinder/ Blender machine also. In that case just add all the ingredients in the blender one at a time along with the ice cubes. Blend it properly.
- Several variations can be added to this recipe. You can add whatever flavor you like such as cardamom powder/saffron strands/rose water to this recipe.
- The lassi can be stored in the refrigerator also for 1-2 days. In that case skip adding ice cubes to it while preparing.
- Serve the Lassi chilled to enjoy its refreshing goodness.